Christchurch Convention Centre
Date: Feb 2020
Approximate Value: $240m
Construction of the Convention Centre will require around 19,000m3 of concrete, 4400 tonnes of structural steel and 43,000 façade panels.
The Convention Centre includes a 1400-delegate auditorium, a 3600m2 exhibition hall and 1600m2 of meeting rooms that will overlook Victoria Square.
- Auditorium for 1400 delegates (divisible into two 700-person auditoria);
- 1250 person banqueting hall;
- 14 interconnected meeting rooms for up to 1400 people;
- 4400 square metre pre-function spaces for up to 1400 people; and
- 3600 square metre multi-use exhibition hall for 200 exhibition stalls.
Securing the right resources at the right time for the best price is key to delivering projects on time and within budget.