Christchurch Convention Centre
Date: Feb 2020
Approximate Value: $240m
The Convention Centre will be a world-class venue and a cornerstone of the revitalised central city. With its 2000-person capacity, it will bring events to Christchurch that we have never been able to host in the past.
Construction of the Convention Centre will require around 19,000m3 of concrete, 4400 tonnes of structural steel and 43,000 façade panels.
The Convention Centre includes a 1400-delegate auditorium, a 3600m2 exhibition hall and 1600m2 of meeting rooms that will overlook Victoria Square.
- Auditorium for 1400 delegates (divisible into two 700-person auditoria);
- 1250 person banqueting hall;
- 14 interconnected meeting rooms for up to 1400 people;
- 4400 square metre pre-function spaces for up to 1400 people; and
- 3600 square metre multi-use exhibition hall for 200 exhibition stalls.
Securing the right resources at the right time for the best price is key to delivering projects on time and within budget.